Sunday 8 May 2016

Oh what's that there? .... Just a kid....

I think I can say that we all kind of babysat someone once in our life, a sibling or friend's kids... But how many of you can certify that the kids love you? 

Let me give you my experience... 
My mother's friend has two young boys, and I've known them since their birth. One is around 2 and the other 8, different ages, different personalities, and different taste in movies, food (except when it comes to popcorn, let's be honest we all have the same taste)...

I've been helping out a lot for the past year or two, coming by, babysitting them when needed. I've learned so much from them, it's crazy! Between the diapers, the baths, movie moments, dancing around, building forts, reading (mostly describing the drawings), the cooking, the lullabies at night time, the cuddles and kisses, but also the fights, the arguments on who is better at making popcorn, or just having a time out (they do get punished sometimes). 
Watching kids isn't just about playing, it's about being there for them. They can come to you and talk about anything without worrying about you spilling out to their parents. It's also great training if you want kids of your own...




For the past year or two, I learned that kids are rather easy when you know how to talk to them without any pressure. It must come naturally, they might be kids but they are far from being stupid. They test you, try to know how far you will go, just remember you are older and deserve the respect just like you have to give them respect. You are like a role model to them... You have to show you can be fun, loving, affectionate, understandable but also strict and that they can't control you. Yes, they tend to do so the first couple times, but then again it can be a quick passage. 
My little monsters are quite the monsters, energetic ones that can't get enough of running around, but also have these moments where they just want some cuddles. 
I know those two have crushes... Who could resist me?! Just kidding. But honestly, when they scream your name when they see you coming through the door or say I love you before anyone else, or prefers to have you than anyone else... Or make an exception when it comes to hugging or giving you a kiss... When they both trap you down on the bed until they fall asleep... Or when they lay down on you just to make sure you wouldn't move away from the movie...  It cannot get better than this.

I've always loved kids, always loved to be protective of them, and to be honest they bring out the joy that you may not have in your life. They are the ones that will keep you occupied from everything else that is happening in your life, keep you away from thinking negatively... I'm young, yet I would love to be a mother soon-ish... Let's be honest, I already act like a mother to people and can't get enough of their cuteness...! 

"That sweet feeling when a little kid yells your name, runs up, and hugs your legs."



~Bella


No comments:

Post a Comment