Friday 20 May 2016

Not just a friend, a best friend!

I'm sure you know what a best friend is, right?


For as long as I could remember, we go through experiences, difficult times and there's always that one person that happens to be here for you no matter the cost. Even though I'm sure we all lost a few best friends throughout our lives, there will be that one person that comes into your life, and stays, obviously to bug you. Just kidding... 



When I was a child, I had the most amazing best friend ever, she was more like a sister than anything. We would do everything together from going to the same school to spending hours playing around her family farm and help out when we could. Sadly life has downs, changes that make you lose these types of friendships. Then I came to the US... For a European coming to the US, trust me it's difficult to make friends. You have different life views, different jokes, different everything. So, 6th grade... Made a few friends, and a French girl who lived in California longer than I had, became my friend and a really close friend, even became best friends. Life continued and I lost her as well...
I could go on forever.
When you think you have an incredible friend you can count on, something dramatic happens and you lose them...

People tend to take everyone for granted, especially the ones that are close to us. Yes, you aren't alone, I, myself sometimes take granted people that love me. It's not my intention, but I still do it, realizing it too late. Do not take anything in the wrong way, I'm blaming myself as well because we all make mistakes! Best friends are here for you no matter what the cost is, they may seem harsh when they want to be serious, but at the end of the day, even after a fight, they will come back to you like nothing ever happened! They look passed your flaws, your determination of being yourself, and they don't try to change who you are!  

My best friend... He might be the opposite sex, and he might live far, but trust me, I know I can count on him to tell me the truth! My best friend picks me up from the lowest possible point to a higher ground because he knows how to talk to me. I've had plenty ups and downs, couldn't really deal with anything by myself, went downhill in a matter of days, seconds, and now I own my best friend a lot! Being able to tell a person everything without being scared of judgements that will never come in between the friendship, that's just a real friendship!

This past month and a half have been a very difficult time for me, didn't know what to do, who to turn to, or even do with all these feelings that came rushing up to the surface. How many times I kept things for myself,bottling everything so I could just ignore it all, and how many times I had to call my best friend and cry over the phone asking for help because I wasn't capable of thinking straight... We think we are strong, but we always need someone close to keep your head up! I would have probably ended up doing something really stupid, something I wouldn't come back if my best friend wasn't here reassuring me everything will be ok, that I can't give up on hope. Even though I wasn't easy to talk to at the time, and might have argued many, many times, at the end, I was still listening to some advice he had given me over the phone. 

I've always heard " You know who your best friend is when you are at the lowest point of your life." They were right about that! While some just don't give a f***, some actually do and don't let you go ahead that easily! They might not message you every day or weeks, but they are still here for you! They don't hurt you! 

If you have a best friend, tell them how thankful you are to have them in your life. Best friends are precious and you don't want to lose them! Just know how to pick them and trust them before calling them your BFF! 



" Best friends are people you don't need to talk to every single day. You don't need to talk to each other for weeks, but when you do, it's as if you'd never stopped talking." 

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment