Saturday 13 August 2016

Q&A time!!!!

After having, the same questions asked plenty times to me... I wanted to write the answers down and share a few of them with you! I know YouTubers do them, and I also know that you learn a lot with Q&A. 

First and the most popular question I've gotten so far: Why do you write? 

I write because it makes me feel alive. If I stop writing, I feel like I'm losing myself to reality, and that my friend is boring, too normal for me. I write because it gives me something to live for... (That has to be talked about in person...) But I've written a post about writing so if you are interested in reading more... Go ahead! 


Second and far the most popular question out there, even though I've written so much about it... It still comes up : Why do you love soccer/ football so much, what is it about the game?

As I've said before, I call it football, and it's part of my culture. I was born and raised around it. The game itself is, to me at least, a sport that is about the team, about the position and how each player has a talent. I love the players, how they control the ball, how they can make the team the best. Soccer is a part of me, I used to play it with my brother all the time, my cousins, friends at school. We didn't care how bad or good we were, we were still playing. I was always a center midfielder. I ain't sure why, but it worked! So at the end of the day, it's a passion, it's a sport that makes me feel better, that makes me who I am. It's like writing, it's a part of me. Without writing or football, I would be a tiny part of me. 
Here are two posts about football that I've written before: 

Third question and by far the most personal one: What was your most embarrassing moment? 

It used to be very difficult to answer it as I never really been in an embarrassing moment in my life. Then, I thought about it more and more to the point of a headache. My most embarrassing moment has to be when I was at school in California for the first time! I came to America without knowing much English, I mean I had the basic down like the animals, the food, the numbers, letters... But I couldn't understand much and the speaking part was beyond explanation. I felt ashamed for speaking another language and not understanding what other kids my age would say. Only words without full sentences, I felt like a baby... Embarrassing for sure! But I grew out of it, and in high school, I was one of the students who happen to have good marks on essays! Which I'm proud of, it made me feel more confident about my writing! 

The fourth question that comes up either often is : How come you aren't in a long lasting relationship?

This one, I mean, why would you even ask, what's on your mind when you ask such a question!  I can't even answer straight away without really thinking about it. I don't want to blame everything on the guy, but I have bad luck when it comes to relationships! It's a family curse, my grandmother had a hard time with men, while my mum had terrible husbands who treated her like she was nothing. It seems like I'm following a path. Plus I've got terrible flaws, I'm complicated, and if you aren't patient or stubborn enough to make me open up, it's a lost cause. Cherry on top, being a hopeless romantic doesn't help much, I expect things to go a certain way and it fails completely, making me look like a fool in love with love itself. So to answer, a long lasting relationship will happen when I find the right person to be with and build, a person who will make me feel like I deserve a lot more than I have. I will be in a long lasting relationship when I know I'm comfortable enough to trust a man who will be a supportive and understanding person with tons of flaws that will make me love him more and more each single day! 

Fifth... Odd and personal question: How come you don't have that many friends? 

I don't know how to properly answer this question either. It's out of my control, with complete honesty, I don't know how to explain how I don't have "that" many friends. Do we need many friends? I believe that we need close friends, the ones that won't leave at important times, the ones that will be there at the toughest times. Being European in America is one of the most difficult thing ever. Foreigners in a country that is completely different from their own is difficult! I'm sure it happened to many people before me. Having a different culture, different view about love and life, being the opposite of them can be challenging. I had a tough time at school, I wouldn't want to be in just one group of people, I wanted to be friends with everyone meaning guys as well... I've always played or talked to girls and boys, so I did what I always did, talk to both genders, but it wasn't appreciated, especially with the girls. I got bullied for that. So now, friends, I can obviously count them on one hand! Real friends will always be there for you, I guess I don't have those real friends!  I don't want fake friends that will talk behind my back... 

Sixth and old question..: Why don't you come or go to parties?

Somehow this question came up a lot when I was younger when people would invite and I would cancel. I don't do well in a group of people, my anxiety doesn't allow me to be around too many people, it's scary! I feel uncomfortable, it's not pleasant, and I have to watch my back all the time just in case of something happening. I'm not a party person, I would prefer a nice quiet evening, I don't mind parties, but if I can cancel, I will. Younger, the issue of alcohol and drugs would be related to my lack of wanting to go. I've been drinking for a long time now, but I ain't like the others, I don't go and try to be as drunk as possible to the point of blacking out. It happened to me once and it was this year at a close friend's house. I knew I would be taken care of if I had too much to drink. I'm more the mother around the group of friends, who knows what to do in certain cases, who cares too much, protective and taking care of people that need it. I don't do drugs, so seeing all that, it ain't my thing! Parties in Europe are different, from what I've seen. People here will invite their friends who invite their own friends, it's nonending situation, while in Europe we kind of do that, but we ask permission before inviting others, so the parties usually end up in a small group of friends who know each other well. And we don't really need a backup person who will take care of everyone! I love parties, I will go to parties, but I'm afraid of something bad happening. I don't trust American parties, especially at my age of younger. They have no self-control whatsoever! 

Final question for the day: What made you decide to write a novel? And when it's done are you planning on writing more?

Not asked many times, but enough to make me realize that I need to share the answer with all of you! I decided to start writing a novel when I was younger! When I was six years old, I started writing my own journal, then I've never really stopped, it's when I started to write! After my parents' divorce, I was going through a really tough time, I wasn't myself, I had issues, and things happened that I ain't proud of! I begin writing about my life. The novel never had an ending or a first chapter, it was too hard to write about. I'm not ready to write my past experience. The memories and scars aren't healed yet! Then I've got my mum who also happens to write! She wrote a series of children's books, The Adventures of Enzo (that's my youngest half brother). She was my inspiration... Two years ago, I decided to write a novel about the mafia. Now don't think it's all about it, it's mostly about a family secret that reveals itself during the novel... (I'll write a post about my novel later)... My mum helped me with the construction, and I started the novel. The first year was tons of research, between phone calls, movies, TV series, newspaper articles, books. Then, this year, I really started writing a lot more! It got me through a lot of hard times. My life made me decide to write and hide away from life itself, reality. Whenever I write, I 'm part of my novel, I'm a character in the story. Now, when I finish this novel, I am planning on writing another one! I actually started writing another one, only the basics like the characters, the story itself. I want to continue writing even if I don't get published, I want to write down what's on my mind. I'm not doing it to be famous or to gain money, even though it would be great to live out of my novels, I want my writing to be out there for people. I'm going to keep on writing no matter what life throws at me! 

Hope this few questions and answers will provide you with a bit of myself. I know it's a long post, but writing about yourself isn't a paragraph! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask in the comments or message on Instagram, Facebook or whatever. I'm very open to any questions, sometimes I don't have the answer right away, but I usually do! 

"Don't change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you." 

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment