Thursday 28 April 2016

As the real first one...

I've been in front of my laptop for about an hour, staring at a blank page, wondering what my real first post will be about... And I finally got the solution to my dilemma. 

This morning, someone asked me why I write so much... I didn't really know how to answer without any details, yes I'm a detail person, I don't just look at the big picture, what a boring way to view life. There's always more than meets the eye. 


My answer was: "I write because I have to. It's an urge that I cannot control. Writing isn't just words on a piece of paper, for us writers, it's our life, our experiences. We bleed on paper..." 

Obviously we don't bleed, it's a metaphor, but a good one!  


People don't understand how and why people write; they sometimes think it's hard to explain and prefer to talk. Well good news; everyone is different, for some people it's easier to write than talk. It's the case for me and my mother. I actually got her gift, she is a writer as well and a songwriter. I have to thank her for it... One day! When I set my mind to the fact that I ain't the only one in the family who happens to write. 


So after answering the same kind of type of questions multiple times before, I want to tell you more about a writer and writing itself. 


Although the dictionary defines a writer as: "One who writes, especially as an occupation." 

I've got my definition, you do not have to agree with it, just read it. 
A writer isn't just one person, its multiple people trying really hard to become one amateur who doesn't quit. 

Let me try to explain to you a little better:
A writer observes everyone; everything surrounding them; creating characters out of ordinary people. They live in a fantastic world where everything is possible, and when they block (having writer's block sucks) they turn to their imaginary friend... They write down everything to be alive, and when they cannot write, their world is turned upside down, leaving a fragile human being against the entire world. 

Writing seems easy yet it's not, it takes everything you have to let it all down, so don't think I spent three minutes on this because I did not... Hehe


To end this first post, if you ever meet a writer, don't judge them because they are not listening to you or because they seem like they are staring you down... They aren't doing it on purpose, I speak out of experience.. 


"Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it's the answer to everything... It's the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it's a cactus." -Enid Bagnold


~Bella




No comments:

Post a Comment