Friday 29 April 2016

The urgent test...

Sorry, I know I said I was going to write every Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but I couldn't resist on waiting another day to tell this stupid story...

So it began this morning when my really good friend that I consider a sister, messaged my mother and me about the exam that I have not yet pass or even taken to get an insurance license thing... I'm not sure how to explain it, but I need to pass the exam (That's all you have to know because that's really all I understood after long hours of talking about it. I'm sure I was half asleep the entire time)...

She has been bugging, annoying the hell out of us for more than six months. When she haven't taken it... What a hypocrite!
I've looked at websites to help me take quizzes and learn about it before taking the enormous 130 questions exam. If you are talking to me about insurance, you lost me at the first couple seconds. I cannot concentrate on anything when it comes to money or numbers in general... It would explain why I had poor grades in math.

To make this a little more precise, I stink at taking exams, quizzes or tests. I would freak out in front of one,  lose control, and forget everything that I studied if I even studied... My anxiety gets really high and unpleasantly I fail most my tests, especially the permit test... It's only 30 questions (I can't remember), and after four attempts on this brutal test, yes it's violent, it asks if you are going to just murder a chicken on a road or just try to avoid it. The answer as you may already know, you kill the chicken. It's logical, you don't want to get into an accident yourself, but then again, you become a murderer... After this experience, traumatic test attempts, I stopped trying to pass the permit, until I get over my dearest phobia, driving....


To come back to the original story, my mother printed a practice test with answers but without explanations. 

Telling me "You NEED to take the exam."
I'm not sure what planet she comes from, but I know I won't pass it. But then again, miracles happen... She apparently has faith in me, when honestly she shouldn't. I suck at tests...

Apparently the questions goes around like this:


All of the following are true regarding a mortality table EXCEPT:
A) Is is based upon the law of large numbers.
B) It shows which individuals will die each year at a given age.
C) It is developed by actuaries.
D) It shows the rate of death per thousand at each given age. 
Answer: B 

to 


All life insurance policies and annuities offered for sale to individuals under age 60 in California shall provide a free look period of not less than ___ days nor more than ___ days. 

A) 5/10
B) 10/30
C) 30/60
D) 20/45
Answer: B

I don't think I'll make to the end of the packet... Too much to learn and remember... Not a genius! 


If you decided to take an exam for someone you love, you can try because you love them... No one said it's going to be easy. Love itself isn't easy...



"Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth." - Julie Andrews

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment