Saturday 30 April 2016

Bree'Osh here I come...

This morning just like many mornings before, I grabbed a cappuccino at Bree'Osh. A little cute place where you can taste a bit of France in their delicious brioche, the best out there... If you do not know what a brioche is, it's a light, sweet yeast bread that is commonly seen as a round shape. It's very common in France.

The owners Pierre and Nelly are French, friendly, and very easy to talk to. If you ever have a question or a simple request, they will gladly answer you the best they can. Like today, a woman came in and asked if they could make a croissant with eggs in. It's not on their menu and they typically use the brioche for the sandwiches. Pierre, the baker, happily answered yes and without any hesitation. To be honest, I rarely met anyone who is as flexible as them.   
They have regular customers, loyal ones like me... They know exactly what you take, and for me... A cappuccino and a praline brioche. 

Let's talk about the amazing brioches that they make... First, I haven't tried them all, but enough to talk about a few!
The olive brioche is salty but has a twist of fantasy in. I love it with a little salad on the side. Yummy in my tummy... The one that intrigues me the most is the parmesan brioche. Cheesy, but not too much of it either. You expect the brioche to have a strong cheesy taste, yet it is not at all strong, you just have a hint of it which in my opinion is very mysterious! I would actually eat two instead of just one each time.... I'm a cheesy girl and if you love parmesan, trust me, you will want to get this special one! The brioche with the little sugar parts on top is one that many of my family members love, I'm not sure why, but I understand how it melts in your mouth... It's delightful! I'm not a fan of raisins at all, I actually despise it, but this brioche is really interesting. You fall for it rather quickly, not me, though, but I did enjoy it last time I had a little piece.
Some are made as sandwiches with eggs, bacon, goat cheese (one of my favorite), and some other goodies... When you look at their menus you honestly don't know what to choose. Everything seems very exquisite, and even if it's not the biggest menu in town, it's enough to get to stare at the board for a good five minutes, wondering what you should get.

Obviously, I only reviewed the ones I tasted. Next time, I'll have to try something new... 

Their new addition to the brioche family, is the croissants, the original ones, and the almond croissants. I've tasted many different croissants in California and trust me when I say that they aren't good. The ones at Bree'Osh are AMAZING! Not buttery like most of them and the almonds are not too sweet. It's the perfect combination and I couldn't thank them enough for adding them to the list of wonderful pastries. 




Alright, let's finally talk about my guilty pleasure. It's the praline brioche, the center is filled with a very rich chocolate that only wants to make you have an enjoyable time. I must say it's like heaven on earth. The very first time I had it, I fell in love, and I married it. Since then, all I take whenever I drop by is a cappuccino and the praline brioche.

If you ever pass by Coast Village in Montecito, California, you must go to the little place! The address is 1150 Coast Village Road, Suite E, Santa Barbara, 93108, CA
Email address: info@breeosh.com
and website: www.breeosh.com

You will not find any other coffee shop, restaurant or anything else that shows the French side better than them. You will only find French places that are Americanized. It's only my first time writing about Bree'Osh, but be sure to read more about them... They also have articles in the independent journal... You should check them out on Instagram and Facebook. 

https://www.instagram.com/breeoshcafe/

https://www.facebook.com/Breeosh-1466985223608698/?fref=ts




Merci beaucoup pour avoir ouvert Bree'Osh. C'est un vrai délice! C'est toujours un vrai plaisir de venir vous voir et de faire la bise, ça manque un peu les bisous! 




"Dessert is like a feel-good song and the best ones make you dance." - chef Edward Lee

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment