Wednesday 17 August 2016

Thank you technology!

Who's for it and who's against it?

It's a mix feeling when it comes to my opinion! 

I wasn't born with DVD players, MP3, or iPads. Later on it did cross my path, but I was born in the 90's and kids had different games, life at the time. The world has changed and seriously, the technology has evolved so much that in the past 10 years we have seen much more than expected. Kids nowadays know how to use a phone, a tablet, they spend hours on it instead of playing with their friends, outside. It's a change, for sure. 
It's has pros and cons... Like about everything else. 



I'm not much of a technology type of person, but I do love my laptop and iPhone! I cannot live without them now, but at the same time, if I didn't have them, I wouldn't be writing a blog for the world to see. 
Technology might, indeed, take a lot of our time between texting each other from across the room or car (that happened when I was younger), and take up our social life more. Look at restaurants, people are either on their phones playing or texting someone else. No more communication between the people in front of us. That's part of the "new generation", or whatever you may call it. 

The internet is addictive, you may spend hours watching YouTube without realizing what's going on outside your windows, it's rather scary. I do it myself, especially after dinner. I go to my bedroom and watch movies, series, or YouTube and I don't see the time fly by. You don't realize what time it is until your eyes start itching. We all do it, and there's nothing to lie about. It happened to everyone, even kids. 
It's also a great way to bully people now! Cyber bullying now exist, and it's awful. It really needs to stop, but some people just have to be cruel to others. The internet is public, people see what you post on someone's social media... It could lead to suicide! Technology didn't bring bullies, but it's easier to target innocents online. You could hide your identity a lot more, and pretend to be their friends and stab them in the back later on. There's movies with internet corruption, and how scary internet can be. You have to be careful who you talk to! Please! 

Now we can't just say the internet or technology is awful. Yes, there are a lot that might contradict the good, but we can't deny how much good it brought. Now we can travel and stay in touch with family members from a distance, you can call and message each other without difficulties. Alright, this happened a few times already, but I've been trying to get every text message across to someone, and that person has a difficult time receiving them. Some issues have to be fixed, soon, or else I'm going to be on someone's bad side! 
My family members have left me in the States, while they went back to Europe... Without internet, my iPhone, or Skype, I don't know how I would survive without news. I need news almost all the time... That's a lie, I could go a week without news, but that's like mission impossible with my dear mother who text or call me EVERY DAY. Good thing there is 9 hours differences because I would have her on my back 24/7 if we were at the same time. On a side note... I have a missing book! Maybe there is something else to add to the list of missing objects. If you are new, my younger brother has left for Europe and since then I've been missing quite a lot, especially my toothbrush! I'm still investigating!
We wouldn't meet new people and stay in touch with some if it wasn't for technology. I must say thank you to the internet for letting me meet amazing people. Being careful is still on my top priority because you never know what might show up, but so far it's been all good. I can't complain much about the internet. 
It is letting  me have a blog and a schedule... Let me type my novel and maybe a second on its way... 

Technology has a lot of defaults, and you have to careful on how you use it! On the bright side, there is plenty qualities to talk about when it comes to the internet or just technology! It has saved a lot of lives, relationships, and time (instead of getting lost on your way to a restaurant, you can check it up online, save some time).




"Technology is a useful servant but a dangerous master." -Christian Lous Lange

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment