Friday 17 June 2016

Is that wisdom that I'm seeing?

No do not think about the wisdom people get after experiences, but the wisdom teeth...

I'm almost 20 years old, and wisdom teeth started growing. I hate going to the dentist so I avoid it as much as possible, but for a week now, the bottom wisdom tooth is growing and I'm in constant pain. 
I can deal with tattoo pain fine, but this pain is unbearable! 
To be clear, this post won't be long because I hate talking about my physical pain. Wisdom teeth are usually removed and I cannot see myself looking like a grape after they remove them. I can deal with having them in my mouth! After all, dentists can't really force you to remove them so I'm not preoccupied with this little issue. 


Since Monday, I've been dealing with the pain in various ways, first, I was on ice cream (still am, mostly because I love ice cream so much), then I went to whiskey or tequila (I don't do tequila usually but it makes it numb so,) on a cotton ball that I would be stuffed on the wisdom tooth. The perk of enjoying the taste of alcohol helps me a lot in this situation. And finally, today, I decided to warm up some water and throw salt in... A salty mouthwash! It made my pain better, doesn't numb it out like alcohol, but it's something. At least it's helpful... 
Other than that, now I can't laugh too hard or else I'll bite on my cheek, and make the pain even worse. I can't widely open my mouth or else it goes insane, so I'm stuck with mashed potatoes, and hot cocoa to fill my little stomach up. Good thing is I love mashed potatoes and really enjoy a cup of warm cocoa!!!! 
I don't know how you make your mashed potatoes, but mine is the best! I mash potatoes, add some milk, butter, salt and pepper, nutmeg, and parmesan cheese. Sounds odd, but trust me, it's delicious! It's light, cheesy, buttery and there's a little touch of nutmeg that makes the taste even better. My hot cocoa might also be different from what you are used to hearing... I add some "nesquick" to the milk, a hint of vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and warm up the combination. I love the salt and sweet taste together. They both fill me up completely and I'm proud to say that I do it all by myself ! :) And to finalize the hot cocoa, a tablespoon of Nutella... 

How do you make your hot cocoa?

Actually, last time I had a really good hot cocoa, besides mine, was at coffee bean! I'm not a fan of the place, but the cocoa is amazingly good. You should go and try it!




Let's come back to the wisdom tooth issue that has been bugging me for a week. 
I've heard stories about how the procedure goes, and how you wake up looking like you have grapes instead of cheeks and how you look really high on medication. Hearing all about it scares me away from doing anything to my wisdom teeth! I just cannot deal with the pain and cotton balls full of blood in my mouth... The only perk that would come out of that would be me eating mashed potatoes, ice cream and drinking hot cocoa. 
A friend of mine told me his story, and he got me freaked out! 
So he went to the surgery room, they put him to sleep and when he woke up he was bleeding out of his mouth. A little note about me: I faint or throw up when I see blood, I control it, but in this case I wouldn't survive. Good thing my friend isn't afraid of a little blood. He went back home, high, and looking like a champion. My friend can be quite stubborn and he loves meat. So you can guess that just eating mashed food isn't his cup of tea! He decided to go against the dentist advice and tried to chew up the meat. Horrible idea because he tasted blood while eating. This time, it wasn't good at all for him. Apparently, it ended in throwing up on the table from the taste of his own blood that was getting too intense, so he had to put more cotton balls in his mouth and drink smoothies for an entire week. 
He wasn't as lucky as my dear mother who had her wisdom teeth taken out, all four of them, and she could chew and nothing happened. She can be an alien at times, honestly, sometimes it looks like she is from another planet. 



What's your story? Or a story you've heard?

"Oh, you got your wisdom teeth removed? Must have been because you're such a smart mouth." 

~Bella




No comments:

Post a Comment