Monday 13 June 2016

What a dream!

I'm not entirely sure how to even begin this post! It's rather difficult to explain what this is going to be about. But let's start off by saying...

Dreams are a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep. They mainly occur in the rapid-eye movement (REM) stage of sleep.


This all begins back when I was 6 years old. That was the year, I almost drowned at a swimming lesson and this odd dream or nightmare started a couple weeks after this accident.
Little me would sleep in the middle of the king size bed (yes, I always loved huge beds, even though I might get lost in it), with two stuffed animals by my side, and I wouldn't dare to move a foot out of the sheets, laying still on my back not wanting to fall off the bed. That lasted 2 years... Then I grew out of it, kind of had to!

The dream or whatever you may call it didn't just happen for two years, it continues, every year, every once in a while, it comes back to the surface, and I always manage to have the exact same reaction.

Let me introduce you to my subconscious that isn't at all fun!

I fall asleep and I see this:
Little me is standing in front of the movie theater where my class would go to watch movies (elementary school) in Plestin-les-Grèves, Brittany, France. I'm standing in front looking at it like I'm just zoned out... Then I feel water on my feet, rising up quickly, I'm unable to move around, the fear consuming me, the thought of dying, drowning is too powerful for me to cry for help. A young, blond, tall, blue eyed man is standing in front of the cinema, staring at me. Then the water rises up to my chest, and finally, all I can see is a hand reaching out for me... I don't take the chance to get me out of the situation and I fall down a black hole. Water is gone, and I'm on top of a cliff... (Brittany looks a lot like Ireland with all the cliffs). I'm on top, watching the horizon, wondering what's going on! The wind is blowing hard on my back, making me move out of my place. I'm a foot away from falling off the cliff, the fear is present. The young blond man from the theater is behind me, observing my every move, looking helpless. Then, as the wind blow me off the cliff, I fall and I WAKE UP!



Each time, I see the blond young man, and I always wake up at the same time. Somehow I never take the chance to survive, never take the chance of trusting the young handsome man. I prefer fall to my death than to trust him.
I'm not an expert on dreams, I don't interpret them, and I surely don't always understand them. This one on the other side... It's been coming back so many times and always goes the same way that I manage to figure a piece out or at least I think I finally understand it. I'm afraid of deep waters, I'm afraid of heights, and I don't trust people...

To summarize a little, I've been realizing that I get the dream when I'm close to trusting someone, whenever I hear about something that I'm afraid of. It happens whenever there's something really wrong in my life, it acts like a sign, telling me to watch out. It's been more than 10 years with the dream, it's not a good feeling whenever I have it. The next day, I'm a ghost, unable to talk normally, act normally, tired and in my little world. Trying to figure out what's going on with me.

Dreams are powerful, they may be very odd at times, but there's always a part of truth in, a part of your fears, your desires... You should record your dreams and look for patterns, look for meanings. You could learn something about you that you have no idea existed.

Here is a little video from youtube talking about some strange facts concerning dreams.



"Believe in your dreams. They were given to you for a reason." -Katrina Mayer.

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment