Wednesday 8 June 2016

I'm bored... What should I do?

It never really hit me, but I know that it was meant to happen at some point.

A couple of days ago, I was waiting for a friend to come off work so I could get an Uber to get to his place.
I was done with dinner, the dishes, and watching YouTube. Now, usually I'll know what to do, clean up my room, closet (as it is quite messy most the time), write my novel, listen to music or even do little projects. I never really get bored, I kind of always know what to do, or at least I will figure out a few things to do. But this time, after YouTube, TV shows, getting ready, and packing a few things up, I was BORED!
Boredom hits EVERYONE! Don't lie, don't try to hide away, we all have been bored once in our life. And it happened to me a couple of nights ago while waiting on someone. Thanks to him, I got to write about it.



For some people, like my mother, they eat. It's like a stress eating, but it's called boredom eating (alright, I might have made that up, who knows)... Some may just fall asleep... I've seen people fall asleep during church time... Almost happened to me a couple of times, shameful of me. 

That night, I looked up the internet and came across this site: http://www.i-am-bored.com/
and this one : http://www.boredbutton.com/

I know it sounds weird, I didn't get to really look into the first site, but the second one blew my mind! You have to give it a try, I had to do it twice, and it has me blown away each time! 

So after thinking about it for quite a while, I decided to make a list, short one don't worry, about the things you may want to do when bored...

1. Clean up... I know it's not fun, but it takes your mind away so fast and you end up having a clean, tidy house or room...
2. Read a book! When you finally get into a book,  you won't see the time pass by at all!
3. Cook something, or bake! Invent a new recipe, bake sweets, it takes a while, especially if you are like me, just watch out for the hot stuff, you may end up burning yourself... 
4. Call your friend or text them! I know this is an obvious one, but honestly just talking to someone, in general, may end up giving you some cool time!
5. Go outside. I love to walk to my secret little hideout, and looking around, breathing fresh air is always appreciated!
6. Workout. Not something I will do, but I've heard it's nice! You should try it!
7. Prank someone! I've got two younger brothers still living with me, and to be honest it's hilarious to prank them or just scare them when they are coming out of the shower! Make a list of pranks and put them into action! It's hilarious!
8. Redecorate your room. Put more photos up the walls, or rearrange your pillows on your bed... You will like your room a lot more!
9. Write a song, and try to sing it with a background tone! It's fun!
10. Have a bubble bath, it's so relaxing and add a few candles to make it romantic...



Next time you are bored, just believe you can always do something if you set your mind to it! Life can give you times of boredom, but you have to get over the obstacle and move forward!

"The opposite of love is indifference, and the opposite of happiness is boredom." - Timothy Ferriss

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment