Friday 14 October 2016

Places I go...

I guess it is time for me to reveal where I started working a few weeks ago, not that it does matter, but I rather quite enjoy working there! It's not as stressful as it may seem...

Le Macaron, French pastries. Sweet place, amazing bosses, and to be fairly honest, the customers aren't half way bad! It's common to have the annoying ones, but not as many as you may think! 
I'm sure I'll have plenty stories to write about when I get more into the work, for now, it's being rather easy, already learned pretty much everything that I needed to know, obviously, there are still a few things that I need to check up and learn.
It's been nice to have some type of employment, somewhere I can also write whenever I'm alone and not busy!
Get a few conversations on with people that approach me for various reasons. The last one was a woman who was sitting down on little sofas, where I sit by in front of the GameStop. We were both on the phone, so instead of joining the little spot, I waited on both of our calls to end before I asked if I could sit down next to her. Nicely enough, she joked about the sofas being all of hers. Made me laugh quite a bit, and we started conversing. Got her card with her information, now I've got to text! She was really enjoyable to talk to, funny and intelligent! It changes from people I see around and talk to.

With this new little job, I need to become social, almost the opposite of what I usually do. Being talkative can be hard enough that I sometimes wish I didn't have to talk to customers. It makes me have a filter on what I should say and not say. Giving me the opportunity to grow up on the talkative side of me, letting me become a woman who knows when to not be honest in certain cases, just in case I don't hurt others in the process. Quite hard when you are used to be sarcastic enough to come out brutally honest. This little job as little as it may be helps me a lot more than anything before. I get to write whenever I have free time, I get to make customers smile at times, and the best part is that it actually helps me realize that I can get tips from not been too honest and smiling. It's the first time I'm actually going to work happy. There is even a British man who I see each time I work, sitting down with his book. Last time at work, I went to him with samples, offered him some macaron, and went on my way. He now looks at me through the door of the shop and says hello with= a wave of his hat. Making friends is always fun!

When people say, "Find a job that makes you smile by just waking up in the morning. A job that you enjoy doing every time you go." I think I discovered the pleasure of going to work, getting paid, making people smile, and waking up in the morning telling myself "It's going to be a good day!"
If you don't know me, you have to know I hate mornings, it's a nightmare to wake me up and emerge from my sleeping state. It's one of the rare times where I catch myself telling myself such a thing. I'm quite a negative person in general, and this time, I'm catching myself feel different about the situation!


Little plus of working is I get to wake up early so my mum drops me off at the same time as my brothers. I walk to a coffee shop and get that writing on! Getting that breakfast on as well, making myself eat a little before I have a long day at work. 
Going to work may be an enjoyable thing for me, but it's mostly for my mum that I do it all. She needs support, help, whatever she can get and honestly, it is hard to deal with but it's family... Can't just run away from duties!

"Working hard is important. But there is something that matters even more: Believing in yourself." - Harry Potter.

~Bella 

No comments:

Post a Comment