Saturday 23 July 2016

That's shameful ...

WHAT A SHAME! 

A couple weeks ago, I was on my Facebook, looking at the feed when I came across a video. I watched it out of curiosity and then learned something incredibly shameful! Ok, I'm sure you want to see it, yet I spent a good hour looking for it. Dumb little me didn't save the video, so I'm apologizing because you might have enjoyed it if you like to learn information like this! 

The video started saying that a certain percentage of students didn't know how to boil an egg or do their own laundry. 
I don't know if it's just Americans, but in the video, they made the study in America so Americans had to be targeted... Saved me from looking stupid... Just kidding!  Thanks for being European! 

So first, apparently, students cannot cook at all, not even boil an egg, or make pasta (I mean come on, that's so easy), and they can't do laundry as well... What the hell! Don't parents teach their kids to do their laundry or help in the kitchen so later on, when the kids live on their own they know what to do? If I was a parent, I would teach my children to do the basic like cooking, cleaning, laundry... 
After watching the video, I was ashamed of our society. It's gone sideways, downhill! I don't expect kids my age or around my age to perfectly cook, but at least know how to use water
correctly and the time management. With today's technology, I'm sure you can find a simple recipe online. Just use the internet wisely! I'm young, turning 20 soon, and when I look at people my age or slightly younger or older, all I see is immaturity! The mature people are rare, and that's sad, it shows how society has not involved well. Don't take it personally, I'm generalizing people. It's not you personally, it's the majority of people that just take things for granted and honestly, they should really take a good look at life itself. 
I have my own share of bad things, I ain't perfect, but I've got the basics. I know how to live on my own! I know how to manage laundry, cook, clean (I hate cleaning though), going grocery! Now, I recently learned a great lesson, and I'm trying to change a few things. It's difficult  to change for the better, ameliorate your views of life... So, if you are just like me trying to be better, I believe in you! 

Being adult can be challenging, frightful, and irritating! 
After turning 18, I was feeling sick, I had to act like an adult in some points and still act like a child in others. That age is annoying, especially for me! I didn't spend my teenage years like the others, I had too many responsibilities, so now it seems like I just want to be back again and act like a teenager who can be mean and do dumb things! I'm realizing that I did indeed miss out on my teenage years, growing up faster and mature up quicker than people my age. 
Turning 20 and I'm still at that age when I'm not really considered an adult and not a child anymore. It's in between, some actually still look at me like a child and others expect me to be an adult who does adult things! People make up your mind! 

The things I'm realizing, slowly but still I am... 

Say goodbye to the fact that being invincible is over! That time is gone forever! We all did some crazy things growing up, I know I did (just a few things), but when you grow up, you have to see the outcome... While when you are a kid, you go for it and don't care about the result. 

You have to take more responsibilities, start caring for yourself! That can be quite challenging! I don't want to talk about my experience as it is quite awful, too young and now it's like I'm on a strike! But I love being independent, it's nice! 
Where did everyone go? You lose touch with people so easily. The only people that will stay in your life is your real friends, the others will eventually leave and do their own things. It's sad but true, just like junior high going to high school, but this is college to life. 
Oh, new things will interest you! Maybe you'll stop listening to Blink-182 or stop going on hikes... You will end up liking new things! It's like you'll be the person you laughed at during your high school years. That boring person you thought you'll never be... It will happen!  
Free time will be precious! Between the job, maybe the family you created, and friends that want to make plans because they barely see you... Some free alone time will be appreciated because it will be rare! 

At the end of the day, you should know the basic to become an adult. Even if it means asking for help at first! Seize the day... Being an adult will eventually have to come, so make the best out of it. Don't worry too much and live day by day. Be spontaneous, and believe in yourself! I know you will be able to boil an egg, I BELIEVE IN YOU!



"Now you know why Peter Pan didn't want to grow up."

~Bella



No comments:

Post a Comment