Sunday 31 July 2016

Raiders of the lost arts...

How many of you love to watch documentaries?

I'm usually not a fan of any documentaries except for historical ones and the ones about Egypt (ancient times).  
I came across this tv show "Raiders Of The Lost Arts" on Netflix, just this morning! 



I was looking into history as I'm a fan (thanks to my grandfather), and I cannot help myself in wanting to know more about where we come from. 
This show actually made me think of the class I took back in High School, the art comprehension class. Art is part of our life, past, future, and being able to see and learn about the art that has been stolen is just a big source of facts, history. Being able to watch and learn about the art is incredible. I knew Hitler loved art and also destroyed a lot of it, but to know and to be confirmed that the Nazi actually appreciated art just like other human beings, is amazing in its own ways. 


Documentaries teach us about life in general, depends on which documentary you watch, but the ones that attracts me usually reveals the past, the acts that were done to us all. Learning is such a wonderful way to build our source of information that I just love watching documentaries. I'm far from telling you, "WATCH THEM!" I just want to let you know that if you want to know, learn about a certain thing watch a documentary, it won't kill you to learn something. 
If you are interested in animals watch an animal documentary, there are so many of them and most  of them are just incredible. 

When I was younger, I was into the pyramids, the history of who built them, the mystery behind the civilization... But I was also into WWI and WWII! I wanted to know why certain things happened like how a young kid became known as the most cruelest man on this planet, why did Hitler became a horrible man, and how come he did those cruel things. I wanted to know, I wanted to comprehend the history! After listening to my grandfather talk and talk about it all, growing up with the television, it helped me realize that documentaries could in fact help me understand the history! 

I've done my share of research with the mafia, mob for my novel, but it also taught me certain information that unconsciously I wanted to know about. 

Whenever you watch a documentary you learn facts, data that are indeed true. So you might end up impress someone out there with the knowledge that you learned from documentaries! :)

Be ready to read about history quite a lot more than cooking recipes... 

"In documentary films, you're a storyteller using found objects. You still have to have a story arc and all the elements that make a good story. It really helped me mature as a storyteller." - Garthstein 

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment