Tuesday 19 July 2016

Cheesy or just romantic...

Summer time has arrived and love as well, no, I'm not talking about me... I know that's sad, but hey let's be happy for others who are in love! 

For some odd reasons, summer shapes a lot of love stories... In some cases, not everyone gets that lucky! I would know something about summer love... It doesn't last that long, though, pretty disappointing! 




This past few weeks have been tough and the only thing I could think of is romance as in weddings and engagements. I usually don't watch or read cheesy romantic movies or books but it's always nice to have a list of good romantic ones...

So here is my list of movies to start off the post, the ones I watched a couple times and makes my heart go crazy!

- Leap year
A young woman decides to propose to her boyfriend on February 29th as an Irish tradition... Between the accents, the brutal truth and the honesty, you learn a lot more than you may expect!
- Love Actually
It's from 2003, but Santa Cleopatra, it's one of the best movies out there!
- Amelie
A young Parisian... Yeah, you have to watch it! I wrote a post about it, and you cannot get more romantic than this one.
- Ghost
Old movie, classic one, and such a romantic dramatic side to it! Perfect if you want to cry!
- 50 First Dates
How can you not watch Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler, together, making magic! It's a must watch!
-Music and Lyrics
Still with Drew Barrymore but this time with Hugh Grant! That British accent makes the movie 10 times better!
- When in Rome
An American movie with a good laugh to it!
- Made of Honor
Couldn't go wrong with an Irish wedding...
- Four Weddings and a Funeral
Back to the old times... Couldn't get better than this!
- Pride and Prejudice
Let's fall in love all over again!
Final one...
- Definitely, Maybe
Three relationships, three disasters, one last chance...

And here is the book lists, the ones I've read on multiple occasions:

-The Fault In Our Stars by John Green also a movie, a must read and watch! 
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell 
- The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks, his books usually ends up in movies, but I preferred the book for this one. 
-Emma by Jane Austen, I love this author and I love her style of writing, it's a twist of sweet and bitter times for Emma... A must read if you love Jane Austen! 
- Last Voyage of the Valentina by Santa Montefiore... I've read it twice and want to re-read it because I fell in love with the book. 
- The Italian Matchmaker by Santa Montefiore, I know another one of hers but she is a fantastic writer, what can I say?
- Bella Fortuna by Rosanna Chiofalo, amazing book with great details, it makes you fall in love with Venice...
- All the light we cannot see by Anthony Doerr, an amazing novel with a hint of love and wars between Germany and France during WWII... 
- The Forget-Me-Not Sonata by Santa Montefiore, yes, she is here again, but like I've said she has talent! I only read it in French but four times, and I always fall in love with the characters. 

I know it's just movies and books, that happy ending isn't always what we hope for, but love is strong. It's powerful enough to change the course of your life if you let it grow.

Hope you'll enjoy the little list of movies. I know it's not much, but I learned a few things from watching these movies...




"I love how she makes me feel. Like anything's possible, or like, I don't know. Like life is worth it."-500 days of summer

~Bella






No comments:

Post a Comment