Monday 11 July 2016

Ice cream or movie?

We are all different, so we deal with issues differently. 

Breakups are one these issues. 
I've currently had to deal with a breakup myself, and sadly, I'm still ignoring every feeling. When you happen to be with a person for a while and things go wrong... You become lost. It happened to me. I could see it coming for a month, so I had begun to put up walls around me to make me stop feeling any type of emotions. I was numbing everything with alcohol and a lot of pastries. I couldn't stop eating or drinking, too anxious of feelings all these emotions. I couldn't deal with the fact that it was over. I deleted every photo of us both on my Facebook, deleted my Instagram and made a new one. Put away everything that belongs to me in my closet. I couldn't bare the thought of us over, so seeing pictures would be a constant reminder, I blocked everyone on everything so I could ignore what happened and move on. I prefer to ignore when I know I wouldn't be able to survive the issues. That's what happened, even to this day I try to avoid songs, movies, games or even places we went because deep down it's still painful. 
When I deal with breakups, it simple, and I'm usually doing the same thing each time, but this one was an uncommon breakup and it's more painful. 
First I go through ice cream or gelato (what's in the freezing...)
Second I lock myself in my room for a couple days, crying, sleeping, crying...
Third I drink and pretend nothing happened.
Fourth I try to get out and see people.
Fifth I hide everything that belongs to that person, pictures and everything that reminds me of them. 
Sixth I make a list of everything I hate about that person. It's a great way to stop thinking they are angels. 

I can't believe I don't just deal with breakups like normal people, have a talk, reasons, and explanations. No, not in my case, I break down, get lost, completely lose it, become unsocial and the best one, I ignore... It's like turning off every feeling and emotion. 

The best thing that happens whenever I have to deal with something painful, I write. I escape reality with my characters, the ones I created throughout the stories. I don't get writer's block when breakups happen so maybe I should get hurt all the time in order to write more and probably better. Because when I write, I feel full, I feel like I'm complete. The more I look at it the more I see that no matter what I do, breakups are part of life, we can't avoid them. Even if we try hard enough. I mean there are plenty movies, TV shows, music about breakups to get you through it all. Even though you shouldn't watch or hear anything about it, it's natural, we all go through it and watch it all. 

Things you should never do after a breakup from my experiences...
Pretend you are fine that everything is alright. Don't do as I do. Pretending isn't good, you should accept the fact that it is over. 
Don't point fingers! I have personally never done that but on multiple occasions, they would blame me for everything. In a relationship, there are two people, meaning there will be errors on both sides. Don't point fingers, there's no point! 
Stop the drama! If I talk about the breakup to everyone and get into details, you look like a lunatic, just stop! It's annoying for yourself, but for everyone else around you, trying to keep up with your idiotic conversations that no one really cares about. It's good to talk, but don't exaggerate! 
Don't write about it on Facebook or any social media! I've seen it plenty times with others, it never goes well! 

So when it happens, try your best to accept and move, I'm harsh, I don't do it well myself, but it's the only way to actually find happiness. 

"No girl should ever forget that she doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her." -Marilyn Monroe

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment