Wednesday 17 May 2017

Does your tattoos should matter? (7)

Tattoos....

Quite an important deal to some and just another creative pieces of body art for others. For me, tattoos are stories, meaningful stories that one chooses to expose on their bodies.

Judging someone for their choice of tattoo isn't going to help out, and it will only make it worse if you are trying to build a relationship.
People will get tattoos out of reasons, either because of a tough time they had to go through, a souvenir they want to remember, a date, someone's name... Anything they want to keep forever on their body as a reminder. 

Nowadays, tattoos are acceptable, to a certain level, obviously, you can't always expect to show your body art to everyone especially at certain jobs, but for now, let's talk about relationship wise though! 

When you fall in love, you are supposed to accept their faults as well their qualities. Accept their past, their issues as well as sharing beautiful moments with one another. This means you also need to accept what they wanted to do with their bodies. Getting a tattoo isn't a crime, it's not something that should label you as a "bad" person, a "punk", or a criminal. Yes, some tattoos mean some criminal gangs related drawing, symbols, but remember... Today, tattoos are more considered art than anything else, nothing much, nothing less. 

In my opinion, if you love someone, try to understand their tattoos! 
Now, when I think about tattoos and relationships, I automatically think about my own tattoos! Many of you remember the name on my chest, others won't, but I do have a name on my chest, covered but there... Under a second tattoo. I might have covered it, but to me, it's still a tattoo that is on me, forever! 
Relationships and tattoos are complex. In fact, it is quite difficult to accept some tattoos that one may have from their past. Remember though, not only they have decided to put something on them, but they have to accept them themselves. And sometimes... Some tattoos are regretful. So when I came across this video a few months back, I laughed away!




The funny thing about this video is that they are actual couples, who trust one another... So when I think about tattoos and relationships, I think about trust, about acceptance, about the complicity of one another! 

"If you fight like a married couple, talk like best friends, flirt like first love, protect each other like siblings, it's meant to be." 

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment