Friday 26 May 2017

Oh, what are those? ..... JOKES!

Jokes! Stand-up comedies.... 

I can't explain the joy I have when I watch a stand-up comedy. It makes your day a lot better, you smile, you laugh, cry of laughter, and at the end, all you can think about are the jokes or stories the comedian has said throughout the show. 

Each one of us has some type of comedy and mine happens to be slightly odd... My very first comedian, one that got me to laugh from the beginning till the end has to be Peter Kay! A British comedian who's sense of humor is beyond hilarious. He knows how to keep the audience on a high level of laughter, and the best part of his shows are the fact that he seems like he is completely serious. 
So I thought I'd share a few videos which make me laugh all the time. 





When you are having a bad day, listening to someone making fun of themselves or society itself, your day brightens up. The small things can brighten up someone's day in a flash, for example, a good cup of coffee, a warm shower after a long day at work... To me, the small things are made up of stand-up comedy, usually from this British comedian, Peter Kay.

Stand-up comedy  
When you think about stand-up comedy and the comedians on stage, you don't think about a headache they have to go through, the stress of not making anyone laugh. I mean, let's be honest, it's not just one person listening to their jokes, it's thousands. Not only they have to make sure they can remember every line, but they have to make sure the people will laugh at your jokes. Everyone will laugh at different things, different moments or not laugh at all while you will be cracking up. So when a comedian is standing on a stage, see many people, it's a stressful, difficult situation.

So when I watch a stand-up comedy, I try my best to look positively, have the respect they deserve for the work they provide. Not everyone can stand on stage, talk and keep everyone entertained.  I know I couldn't! 
Don't get me wrong, I don't laugh at every comedian. I will laugh at some jokes they will throw at us, but the comedians themselves, no. It takes a whole lot to keep me laughing from beginning to end. Can't laugh all the time, but at least if a comedian catches my eyes, I will continue laughing.  

Don't over underestimate a comedian's work, they try their best to make everyone laugh. 

"Doing stand-up comedy is in the middle of a traffic jam getting everybody moving again."- Jon Stewart

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment