Friday 12 May 2017

Does Your Film Genre Should Matter? (6)

Movies... Genres...

A film genre would be romantic, comedy, scary, adventure, action, fiction... And we usually go towards a specific genre when we are feeling a bit sad, happy or even in a loving mood. A genre is given to movies to describe them, to give us an idea of what to expect before watching it.
Genres are, in my opinion, your moods, your personality of the day or night. Comfort moods, one day you will go more for an action movie and the next, you might go for a romantic drama when instead of getting pumped for some shooting, you will cry your eyes out because two people cannot be together.
I know, I have my moods, sometimes I'll be more cheesy than other days, but I will definitely go for a mystery, thriller anytime of the day because it catches my intention a lot more than anything else.
Finding your genre is like choosing your type of food... There are many choices, and most of the time, everything looks good.

So when you are in a relationship...

Watching a movie together on the couch or in bed happens, doesn't it?

I know I love to be next to my love when I watch a show or a movie. Cuddle around, being comfortable in a safe place. It sounds amazing...  But the difficult part of it is when you have to choose one movie that your partner will like as well. Tough decision if you both have different preferences. Lucky me, I enjoy every genre, yes, I prefer some on certain night or day, but I'm easy to please even if I have my favorite movies like Amelie or This Beautiful Fantastic. Both odd, indie movies that I cannot put a specific genre on.

Having a special, preferred genre makes it easier for your partner to understand and choose a movie for you. Going to the cinema/ movies will be easier, no stress, no worries because if you know what the other person is into, the movie will most likely be a good choice. Obviously, movies are quite hard to know if it will be a good choice or not, the trailer may give you false hope. I, personally, got disappointed plenty times, the trailer made the film good, interesting and then when you finally watch it, pay to enter the movies, and the film is horrible, the disappointment comes along.

When you first enter a relationship, you don't like the person who will like the same film genre as you, yes, you may end up asking which movie is their favorites, but you won't fall in love based on what they like to watch. It could be a plus, something to add up to the reasons why you love the person, but it won't decide if you are in love or not.

The funny thing about movies and relationships... Is .... The fact that couples do weird things while watching movies... 

"Those who are happy are not without pain, they just know how not to be controlled by it." - Love and Other Drugs

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment