Wednesday 19 July 2017

Does your pet peeve should matter? (15)

Pet peeve...

If you do not know what it is, it's the little thing that annoys you, greatly annoys you!

Pet peeves...

These little things that keep bothering even if you try to ignore, daily...

I have a list of them, but there's always this particular one who keeps annoying you no matter how much you try to shake it.
Obviously, a pet peeve isn't something that just annoys you, it drains you with everything they got... Take my dear roommate, C, she has this incredibly annoying one which comes along each day, making her life miserable, slow walkers. C cannot stand slow walkers, the reason is simple, she walks faster than most people, I sometimes have to run up to her to catch up with her speed. Quite annoying as I'm smaller than her, but hey, at least I have fun.

So as you may imagine there are many pet peeves, some pretty insane, others are actually very common!

Alright, that said, are they important when you are in a relationship?
If your phobias are important, don't you think your pet peeve should be as important as well?!
You may also have relationship pet peeves such as "No more good nights or good mornings" or "Tells you how to drive whenever you take the wheel". These pet peeves will give you a high chance of losing interest in your partner. Getting frustrated of what they do or keep saying nonstop. It will ruin your life, but hey, guess what... You can communicate and talk about these pet peeves you have to your partner.
First, you have to let go of the slightly annoying ones and talk about the biggest ones, the ones you really cannot deal with. Priorities first, ignore the little ones.
Second, don't exaggerate and talk about the long list of your pet peeves. You will scare your partner away if you arrive with over ten of them. Go slowly, intelligently and two is recommended.
Third, don't be over dramatic when talking about the pet peeve. I mean to be responsible and compassionate about the subject. Don't be too crude.
Fourth, don't say "You're lazy", be nicer when saying these like this. Be more like, "I wish you would help more in the kitchen."
Fifth, ask and don't demand they change their behavior!
For my final piece of advice, thank them for listening and trying to change.

It takes a lot to change, to ameliorate, and being able to see how your partner's pet peeve may affect your relationship takes a lot. You should be proud if you are willing to move forward and take their pet peeve seriously. If they actually show some improvements, don't forget to let them know how grateful you are.

Pet peeves are and should be important, everyone has annoying things they hate dealing with like more roommate who cannot stand slow walkers.
I can't say I don't have any as I have an entire list of them, I blame my anxiety. Obviously, I have a few that are ruining my life in certain ways.
- When they have to change book covers depending on the country. If I buy a book from Britain, I expect to receive the same book as them not the American version! Or the movie poster on the book cover? Really? I just want the book, not the movie!
- Mystery organization in libraries. I expect to go to a library and look by the author's name or maybe the genre, but when they can't even figure the correct genre.
- Let's change their titles because we want to.  I recently bought a book from Ireland, and they gave me two option the American version or the Irish one. I obviously wanted the Irish version, but somehow they wanted to change the title. I was furious!
- People who won't stop interrupting me when I'm reading. Like, you see someone reading, please don't interrupt them nonstop, they want to be left alone, to read alone not to have someone next to them, talking to them nonstop. Good thing, I know how to block people's voice when I read, but still.

Now, I know these seem to be simple things that can be ignored but when you are a reader or a writer, it is life ruining. I'm thinking about my novel if it ever gets published, I don't want my novel to have different titles except when it's in a different language. 
Then again, I don't know what to expect with my pet peeves. 

"I don't have pet peeves; I have whole kennels of irritation." - Whoopi Goldberg

~Bella


No comments:

Post a Comment