Friday 24 March 2017

Netflix addict...

As many of you know, I watch plenty of series, TV shows... Mostly American ones, but also British ones. Recently I came across BROADCHURCH which is a British series about a murder scene of a young boy and a detective who comes to the small town to get the killer. 
I first heard about this show via a YouTuber who was watching the new season, she mentioned how amazing the show was, and as you may already guessed, my curiosity ran up. 

Two seasons down in only a day, it couldn't be faster than this. I didn't expect to continue watching episode after episode, but it's exactly what I did without interruption. Spent my entire day on a murder case, a show where the killer would eventually get caught. 
Let's start by saying that it was not your typical show, crime drama. This is beyond anything I ever watched. 
First, the way they planned everything out, laid the entire plot out was near perfection. You never expected what was coming next, always a shocking event, always a surprise which would be unrevealed throughout each episode. The element of surprise was well kept until the right moment. 
Second, each actor made sure they went into the character's personality, their skins. Every single one of them seemed genuine which made the show even better. 
Finally, you don't get bored out of watching it. Can't at all! It makes you want to keep watching it, want you to know more about the events, situation. IT doesn't just make your curiosity come out, but also tears. I don't remember crying this much on a show. I was a baby, emotional, I could put myself in the parent's shoes as well as the detectives who were trying, desperately to find the killer of the eleven years old. 
Boradchurch got my British back on track, quickly. The show reminded me of where I grew up, the scenery looked familiar... The way each little town folks say about each other, how their mentality can affect difficult situations. So when I started watching Broadchurch, the way they all made it seem like it was going to be solved fast, but then as you go on, you realize that there is always something new, something unexpected. 
Growing up in a small town, I can tell you how talkative people are when there's gossip to be made, but when something dramatic, shocking happens, no one comes forward if they got any information. The first season reminded me of where I used to live back in Europe, and it also reminded me of what I wanted to be later on in life. No, not the lawyer but a detective, most likely. The show made me think a lot, analyze each character, made me cry like a baby, and above all, made me realize that sometimes the people closest to you, aren't always the best people.

In order to understand what I'm trying to explain to you, you just have to comprehend by watching the show yourself. I know there is two season on Netflix, the third is coming back as we speak on British televisions, I don't know about the American ones. 

"I do marathons (on Netflix)" 

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment