Monday 6 March 2017

Darker or lighter...

Fifty Shades Darker


A two-hour long movie, the second after the phenomenal one, Fifty Shades of Grey...

Who remembers watching the first one? I don't mostly cause I didn't want to go see it as I have read all three books.

Comments from my dear mother, " I laughed at the entire movie, no erotic scenes except for one or two and again not erotic."
"The discussions between both parties were unsuccessful and boring."
"The blond wasn't around much, barely showed any presence or personality, nothing about the past."
" No foreplay, compare to the first which was the discovery, you could expect more in the second, but no..."
"Tons of questions, accidents? I believe it's plain idiotic."
" The trailer made us wait a year, saying that it was going to be fantastic, more sex, more than the first one... And no, just plain deception!"

My mother could go and on about the comments, the complaints, and sadly, she hasn't found anything good to say about the movie.

To me... I laughed at a few scenes, left at the end of the movie for personal issues, but still didn't miss the last scenes because I thought the actors were doing poorly. There was no chemistry, no feeling, no discussions. No real speeches, no talk, the whole movie was boring. Usually, when I go to the movies, I laugh at different times than Americans, while this time, we laughed at the same time. It was idiotic, nothing erotic, no sex scenes whatsoever. We both got disappointed, even my mother's friend, laughed out loud.
When books are made into movies, some will love it, others will just be disappointed. It's different for everyone, and this time, I preferred the novel instead of the movie. I've always tried to comprehend the way movie directors work, tried to think that movies cannot be the exact same as novels. You can't recreate each single phrase of a novel into a movie. It's nearly impossible to make it the same. When you read, it's one person reading not many, and the way you may read the story is our you are feeling throughout the words, the phrases, each expression, and emotion are created by yourself. A movie, on the contrary, has already some type of emotion, feelings. You cannot create your own as you watch the film, so I always try to watch it with an open mind, leaving the book on the side. Easy, you think, but no, it's harder than anything else. When you have read the books, watching it may be harder because you already know what will happen and then sometimes movies just don't get the same emotions as the novel. It's different... Then again, usually, they try to make the movie as perfect as possible. Sadly, this time, the movie was beyond idiotic leaving me speechless about how awful the movie was made. Nudity isn't something Americans let out too often in films, you won't see much in any films while in Europe having some nudity is part of the deal... So when I went to see Fifty Shades Darker, I expected not much nudity but enough to make a woman aroused, but no... Nothing, no nudity except a few little things, again barely anything... 
It's ironic to see that the movie is categorized in the Erotic category when there was barely any nudity or sex scenes, whatsoever. It's quite painful to watch, nothing pleasurable about it. 

I went online to read articles about the film, and at my biggest surprised many articles talked about the idea and the idiocy of how the movie turned out.  Some articles just said, "It's not terrible, just timid..."
Other articles like this one:  https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/02/fifty-shades-darker-a-spoilereview/516204/

Again, everyone is entitled to have their own opinion, leaving me to have my own as well... 
Fifty Shades Darker isn't a movie to go watch in the movie theater. It is disappointing and a waste of money. Wait until it's on a streaming website because you'll want to just get refunded for such an idiotic movie. 

"The result was a very bad movie, but one considerably less bad than the book it was based on." - Christopher Orr 

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment