Wednesday 11 January 2017

Another fight, another country...

If you are French, DO NOT TAKE THIS ARTICLE FOR YOU! Not everyone is the same! Please DO NOT judge MY opinion!  


Flash news,  I was born in France, spent about 10 years of my life in this country, and moved to the States right after! 

No, I won't be talking about how important the change was or how it proved me that living in another country might be beneficial! This article is about my birth country because let's be honest it's only my birth country! It's about being ashamed of being born in France! Not patriotic of me, I apologize in advance!

France is quite an old country with plenty of history, lots of corruption, and amazing food (can't deny that). People are on strike, often, or complain on other days.
I complain all the time, it's quite disturbing, to say the least, and I blame my culture behind this flaw. Might be my birth country, but I try to keep the French side of me away from everyone, even at work. 

I live in the US who happens to be the "terrible two", they act like 2 years old toddlers who think they can do anything they wish. They proved it with Trump's election. I won't go back to the story, what's done is done, can't change the past. But we can change some people's view about it! 

Last night, on a French press article about Obama leaving office and his last speech on Facebook, a woman (my dear mother) commented, quite simple, nothing mean for that matter. My mother isn't the politic type of person (I think I take from her), but she was right, we are sad to see such a president leave office. No one is perfect, humans make mistakes, but Obama did a lot of good, especially after a terrible, horrifying president like the one we had before, our famous Bush. Now, it's a French article, lots of blah blah to make people sleepy, but French people don't think so. 
Last night (for us), many commented back on my mother's post with amazing comments and so not nice comments as well. We can't be all on the same page... Life would be boring! I read a few comments this morning, saw a lot of displeased sayings, and I came to the conclusion that people, in general, are quite ignorant! 
We all say Americans are ignorant, which is part true, but we forget to mention how French people can also be ignorant, especially when it comes to politics, Germany, food, military, football (soccer) and I pass on the other subjects. 

I've been ashamed of being French for a while now, I've got reasons, but this little Facebook comment just went up the roof! People will deliberately be offended by truthful comments because they think they know more... Flash news, the news on TV, newspapers, or online news don't always tell you the truth or tell half of it just for the sake of it. Don't believe it all, please, it will save us from ignorant comments such as the ones I saw on Facebook. We are free to say what we think, free to tell our opinions, to argue, but when it comes to being ignorant and mean, keep it to yourself. What's the point of it? You will only be seen as an ignorant person that never left their country, a close minded person who got nothing to do all day except proving to the world how rude you can be. Comments such as " Le prix nobel de la paix qui a continué le boulot de Bush en tuant des civils innocents en Irak, Afghanistant, Libye, Syrie, Yemen, Pakistant....! Sans parler bien sure tous les afro-americains qui lui ont fait confiance!"
Roughly translates as," The Nobel peace price who continue Bush's work by killing innocent civilians in Irak, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Pakistan...Without obviously talking about all the African- Americans who believed him." 

When people talk like this without being ashamed of themselves, should really start reading books and move out of their country to realize that a lot of facts aren't at all true, these facts are just opinions! French people should start looking at their own country that seems to deteriorate at the speed of light! In a couple of years, France will only be another poor country just like in  Russia. 

When we hear France, we think food, wine, and how terrible they are at war. Military part, no one goes to the military anymore that's why we are so terrible at it, that's why they always will need some other country to save their poor asses! I don't want to be mean, but when you get put down by another French person, you only want to put them down as well and in the most civil way possible. I don't think I'm going to be polite or be open minded to arguments coming from any of them. This little Facebook comment was another drop, another mistake from them. It made me remember how I got the French community against me because I simply put out that the German team had played extremely well in a soccer game. It was like I was a traitor to my country. Just because I don't support France doesn't mean I'm a traitor, I won't support a country that is proving to the world how idiotic they are! And yes, in my opinion, they deserve Marine Le Pen as their new president! French people have everything, financial support, health support, yet they complain, yet they let strikes go on and on and on forever! With complete honesty, they should come to the US, see how it is to live in a different country where the financial support isn't available as much as France. But then again, French people like their little boring lives where half of their time is spent on Facebook playing games and insult, other people. 


I'm ashamed, I'm discouraged about France. After all the history, fighting and getting free from Kings and Queens... The country should be ashamed for electing a disastrous government, for believing the media, for being ignorant! Read, talk to older people to know what went on before they were born, and don't start arguments when you obviously don't know what you are talking about! There is no need to talk when you don't have enough arguments to back your story up! 

When I see France, my birth country, all I see is a country that lives in the past, that never move forward. When I see France, I see the hate against Germany, yes they have done a lot of horrifying things in the past, but it's in the past, don't blame the entire German community for Hitler's actions. By the way, he is dead, so no need to be bitter anymore, what's done is done. It's a lesson that shouldn't have been acted on, but it did happen. Don't you think Germans don't have to deal with their own history as well, that they didn't pay enough? It's easy to manipulate people, we see it every day, so start moving on and let your country be at their best instead of destroying it each day!

The level of ignorance is high, and it's only the start! I'm afraid of saying I'm French now, lucky, no one really thinks I look French anyways. Deep down, I'm suffering from French people's actions and saying. Every day I think to myself how lucky I am to be far from France because I wouldn't want to be there anymore. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."- Martin Luther King Jr.

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment