Wednesday 14 December 2016

Little one... On the bed...

How many of you have a dog or many dogs?

I surely do not have one, but my best friend does... Charlie is a mix of Australian Shepherd and something else, not quite sure, I believe a Collie cause of his nose...

When I first met this little puppy, he was only four months old, but already jumpy, energetic, but smart. Affectionate me I can't just ignore and not give any cuddle to this fluffy little cuddler! Since I met Charlie, I can't get enough of him! Who can actually get enough of dogs...? They are the best cuddlers, feet warmer, and comforting balls of joy. They bring a smile on your face and even if some are too hyper, demanding, they will always know if something is wrong with you.

Each time Charlie comes over, I'm all over him, between the photos, the snuggles, and all the kisses. No one can resist a puppy this cute! I wake up for him in the morning (if he stays on my bed to sleep), I take care to see if he is warm enough, cozy enough, I even let him sleep on my Juventus blanket (that one is special), no one touches it!

I've meant to talk about Charlie, this little ball of joy for quite some times now, but I never really knew how to bring up this puppy that grows up every day. Until a couple of days ago... I kept seeing this quotes "Who needs a man when you can have a dog!"
It made me think of Charlie, right away, even if he isn't my puppy, whenever I get to see him, I feel calmer, happier! He makes me walk outside for quite sometimes as well, free exercise!



Younger, I had a boxer, a cute, energetic dog who broke my arm when I was five... Not a great experience, but I never stopped loving dogs. During my psychology courses, I've learned a few benefits that dogs may offer to the owner. Here are some:

*Your stress level will go down quickly!
I've seen it with Charlie, whenever I feel anxious, all I've got to do is look at him or pet him. Everything feels better right away.

*Welcome back to social life!
Surprised? I don't think so... Whenever you go outside to walk your dog, people look, people comment, and each time I've walked Charlie through town, I don't just have one person asking to pet him but three or more people. You meet new people, you converse, next thing you know, you made a new friend through your dog.

*You feel safer, protected!
Dogs know who is a good person and who isn't! Funny fact is whenever I walk Charlie, I always try to get him on the safe side, not the road one. Somehow, he manages to walk right to the unsafe side towards the road. I ended up telling myself he wanted to protect me, made me feel better about leaving him on that side.

*Say goodbye to depression!
Studies show that dog owners are less depressed than a person who doesn't own a dog, care for a dog. Having a dog around helps you relieve anger, sadness... They sense when you aren't feeling good... Charlie surely knows, and next thing I know, he is up to my face licking me. You can't help but smile!

I might not have my own dog, stealing away my best friend's, but I already know that later on in life whenever I have my own place, my family, I will make sure to have a dog around, I don't care what my partner will say, I'll make sure to marry someone who isn't allergic and I will get a Bernese Mountain Dog! Big and fluffy!

"Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." - Orhan Pamuk
~Bella


No comments:

Post a Comment