Tuesday 22 August 2017

The joys are real! 

Living situation: 

I have a roommate and a few housemates who shares the house with me. 

Mental situation: 

I'm alright with the living situation, but being around younger girls even if it's only a year or three years younger, the maturity isn't always on point. Tough when you are the only one buying alcohol. 

As far as I know, I'm the type of person that needs to live around people or at least one other person. Living by myself will give me the creeps and yet... I'm thinking about it nonstop! 

I can't stop thinking about all the joys I would have living by myself if the rent wasn't so expensive. Welcome to California, almost everything cost you an entire arm. 

Little one, welcome silence, peaceful alone time. 

Little two, more time to day dream without interruptions. 

Little three, do whatever comes to mind at any time. 

Little four, drinking tea/coffee/hot chocolate as you watch the rain pour down, or simply gaze at the night sky full of stars. 

Little five, being lazy all day long without being judged! Welcome back undies and shirts! 

Little six, dancing around, singing as loud as you want like no one is watching cause no one is anyways. 

Little seven, have anyone over and share the same bed with them without being afraid for the next morning. 

Little eight, cook whenever you want, however you want even if that means in undies at times. 

Little nine, having little trips to the fridge whenever even in the middle of the night. 

Little ten, melting away your troubles with an amazing bath/candles and some red wine. 

Little eleven, taking your time in the morning, a peaceful morning without rushing to get to the shower. 
Little twelve, play music as loud as you wish and listen to whatever you feel like. 

Little thirteen, being able to go to bed at a reasonable time and not worry about lights or people being loud. 

Despite the fact that I already do whatever I feel like it even with roommates or housemates around, I know I would have much more freedom by myself or with just one other person. Living with people means being respectful to everyone in the house. Different time schedule, different personalities, different living style... Having housemates isn't always fun! 

Summer is coming to an end, new roommates, new lifestyle, new memories, new adventures... Even though living with younger people can be tough at times, at least I can feel like I can be myself and it seems like I'm more respected which feels nice. Don't blame me for liking the respect that my housemates give me even though the immaturity isn't always around. And I still have the "Mum" reputation, can't argue and disagree with them. 

"Everyone has this universal understanding of roommate drama." -Leighton Meester

~Bella 

No comments:

Post a Comment