Friday 3 February 2017

Adopted new kittens... Additions to the family!

We adopted two kittens!!!!

We've been talking about getting a kitten for quite a while now, and two days ago, we decided to go to a shelter! I've tried to get a kitten another way, but the safest and more efficient way is going to adopt a kitten in a shelter!

So we went there after my brother's school.

First, we went, we looked around, asked questions and there they were... Kittens! Now, don't think I didn't look in another direction because I did. My eyes went straight to a kitten which looked like the last one I had back in Europe! I couldn't move my eyes away from the little one. He was such a cutie, and he had been adopted! How sweet! Sad feelings came rushing in, I was beyond sad about the news!
Then, we saw these two little ones, Sasha and Malia. The one I fell in love with is gray with a little white spot, while my mum went up to the one who was sleeping, Malia. Sasha is about 7 weeks old, Malia is 2 and a half months old. Cuties if you ask me!

We had to filled documents, pay the fees, gotten lecture on how to take care of the newcomers, and so on. It's not like we were new to cats or kittens, I've grown up around a dog, cats, and chickens, around farms. I know how to deal with kittens, they aren't as difficult as children! I would know, I got to deal with the youngest of my brothers!

Anyways, Sasha and Malia are arriving, later on, today, exciting news for me as I'm working, so I'll see the little addition to the family when I get back home, later on, the evening. The excitement is beyond imaginable. I've been begging to have a kitten for so long, and instead of getting one, we ended getting two. Lucky us!

I'll make sure to post a few articles about cats, pets in general, and the experience we have with the kittens. I just wanted to share the good news, because I can't believe that I'm going to be able to give all this affection to little kittens. Yes, I know, I'm too affectionate, so I'll be able to hug less now. Good news for Pickles and Swiss guys. They should be tired of me by now but doesn't seem like it.

Keep checking up on the updates I'll make sure to post, share with you all. Having other members of the family is always a joy so... Let's hope for the best!

"Without my cat, my house would probably be cleaner and I'd probably have more money but my heart... My heart would be empty."

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment