Friday 4 November 2016

Sidemen: British YouTubers...

Since October 18th, 2016, I have been reading the Sidemen Book! Yes, I got it as soon it was out! There's always something good happening on the 18th. This time, the book came in the mail! The excitement that consumed me entirely, the luck I felt was indescribable! I know that I ain't the only one that got it, but I still feel special! Don't crush my dream of being one special person! Pretty please with a cherry on top?!

If you don't know the Sidemen, well it's a group of YouTubers back in Great Britain! They are most likely to do FIFA videos, but I just adore watching them, they are rather hilarious. Each one of them is different: Simon (Miniminter) being my favorite, JJ (KSI) being the famous one who raps and get in movies, Tobi (TBJZL) being the "hat" type of person, Josh (Zerkaa) being the odd one, Ethan (Behzinga) being the hilarious one who has a contagious laugh, Vik (Vikkstar123) being the Minecraft player, and finally Harry (Wroetoshaw) who cannot keep his calm, broken chairs, and controllers! 

Each one of them has different stories, and the book collides all of them. We learn quite a lot about them, about their routines, about their favorite games, and honestly, it's rather surprising!

When we hear YouTube, we think about the funny videos, but we don't think how much time and energy they put in their videos. Obviously, I'm talking about the YouTubers that want to be serious about it. Don't think they aren't doing anything! That they can do as they wish... Most of them are asleep during the day, working at night time, editing, creating, making more videos. The Sidemen for example, even if some live with each other, they barely see each other! 

I enjoy reading about them, the book is rather nice and creatively well put! So I thought I would share a bit with you right now:

"THE SIDEMEN RANDOM TRIVIA PAGE
I bet you think you know all there is know about us/ Yeah we spend a lot of our time making videos, telling you guys all about our lives, but here's some stuff we've never revealed before, until now...

1. JJ can't straighten his little finger after his grandmother slammed a door on his hand as a child. 

2. Tobi has a silver tooth.

3. Simon has OCD. Everything always has to be at an even number but even though it's odd, he can handle the number 5. 

4. Vikk used to have a pet duck called Chocolate and a pet chicken called Speedy.

5. Josh is ambidextrous.

6. Ethan is claustrophobic. He freaks out whenever he is in an enclosed space.

7. Tobi owns over fifty hats.

8. Simon is a shareholder in Domino's Pizza! He gets a cheque for 11p every month.

9. Harry has at least four showers every day.

10. Josh used to have two pet rats, George and Stuart (after Stuart Little).

11. JJ has a scar on his right elbow after he ran into a tree.

12. Vikk has a star named after him (The Vikkstar).

13. Ethan had a skin graft on his arm after he accidentally tipped hot water from a kettle on himself as a child. 

14.  Tobi can play the drums and the piano.

15. Neither Josh nor Ethan has ever drunk tea in their life. 

16. Harry has had an enema, and he kinda enjoyed it...

17. Simon has the title of "Laird" after someone bought him a tiny plot of land in Scotland bu he doesn't like to talk about it...   "


After receiving the book, I got the chance to get one of their sweatshirts, the burgundy one. I know I'm starting a new addiction, to be fair, I would prefer being addicted to YouTubers than drugs like some!

As I was saying at the beginning, it's about a group of YouTubers, and honestly, they know how to make me smile, Simon (Miniminter), especially! 
It's great to know a bit more about the people I watch almost every day. Definitely an interesting book, for sure, you should check them out if you enjoy following YouTubers. The Sidemen mostly do FIFA but they also have other channels where they play random games. You might be surprised by how much they do!
I'll make sure to keep a few passages for later on. There are some moments in the book that I'll make sure to write down, some of their recipes... 

"Choke on rice! Slip in the shower!" - Ethan (Behzinga) in his "Mega Ramp Rage" GTA V video.

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment