Wednesday 30 November 2016

My Favorite Sport...

Alright, don't get me wrong it has to be football or soccer as you say in the US, but there is also another sport I really enjoy doing besides football...

People watching!


Oh, please laugh, feel free! No judgments, I'm laughing at myself as well! I'm sure you weren't ready for that one! Such an intriguing sport!

A few years ago, I was talking to an Italian who happened to introduce me to the sport. He had come to California for a couple of weeks, enjoying his time, himself as he was alone. 
I was sitting on the bench, next to him with a book in Italian. One that I actually love since the day someone special bought it for me! 
Curious, he asked me if I was Italian. I told him that I have Italian blood, but I was born elsewhere! We discussed my life in California as he was interested in knowing how different it is from the European lifestyle if I ever miss Europe, home! 

And we came to the subject of football. He was of football as well, not a Juventus fan but an A.C Milan one. Obviously, not my team, I knew about the team, though, so we discussed that for a good amount of time. Then, he asked me if I enjoyed watching other sports. I answered and he came out saying, "You know the people watching sport?"
I looked at him weirdly, wondering what he means by that so he continued, "You never like to sit down, somewhere and just watch people pass by, imagine what their lives are all about?"
When he is back home in Italy, he walks around his town and sees how many people are interested in other's lives. He watches them watch others as they walk by. It's rather funny to hear that type of thing, but it's apparently interesting and fun! Now, I can say that the second sport, Italians like to do is watch people talk, walk, run, have a life. Another hobbi that you should try sometimes, you will be surprised at how much you learn from just observing!

Funny thing is I do that quite often. Seriously, though!
You should try it, sit down at a coffee shop and look outside, observe people walking, passing by in a hurry to either get to work or a date!

You see so many different faces, various clothing style... Actually, the one that always surprises me is the way tourists dress! They can be spotted a mile away! Now, there is obviously the locals, the ones that don't care how they look. The hairstyle I see throughout the day is unbelievable, from green hair to purple hair to half shaved. Nothing crazy I would be able to do, but it's still working for other people. 
When you sit down at a coffee shop, you see students on their computers trying to get their studies done, you see some who are in a hurry to get to work, ones who are here to read the newspapers, the couples who kiss as they in the line... Sometimes, if you daydream, you'll see yourself in a movie "Café" starring Daniel Eric Gold, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Hubbel Palmer. It's an odd movie, surprising in many ways! You should see it, get to know a bit more about the movie... 

"I love people, watching people interact. It's a lot of psychology. We learn about ourselves by watching other people's lives on the screen."- Tatiana Maslany

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment