Wednesday 28 March 2018

A new move, a new chance...

It's a new move that I will be making soon enough, and I cannot wait for it to happen!

My experience of having more than six people in the house hasn't been all exciting and stress-free as one could have thought.
Living with multiple people in the same house and having different views isn't fun. I cannot deal with strangers coming in the house at all times of the say, expecting everyone to be alright with it. I had enough!
Enough of the non-stop fighting on whose dishes are in the sink, or who didn't pay rent on time. Please, give me a break! I cannot deal with the non-stop loud music, loud stamping, or slammed doors.

I have so many questions...

How long does it take to clean your plate and fork? Will it kill you to stand up in front of the sink with your hands under the warm water?
Why slam the door at all hours of the day? Did the door hurt you in any way?
Where goes the food from the fridge?  Who's the magician?
How much time do you need in that bathroom? Isn't your room enough space to get dressed and undressed?

Living with housemates is tough, tougher than it may seem, and despite the fun that it can bring, if one of your housemates isn't friendly or even respectful towards you, there's no point in staying in a house like that!

I'm not one to use the bathroom for hours at a time, I may put the bathroom in a fog, but that's it. Max thirty minutes because I have to blow-dry my hair but again... Not even thirty minutes! But then again, I understand girls who wear makeup, constantly changing outfits, and curl their hair can take a while, and the long thirty-minute shower. I can understand, I can try to comprehend it, try to find other alternatives on my routine, but when it turns into a disaster, turns into a living nightmare where you arrive to work late because you couldn't brush your teeth on time, it's enough.
Not sure how many times I took my toothbrush and toothpaste with me to work cause I knew I couldn't pass into that famous bathroom.
I'll stop there with the bathroom story, it could lead to another two more paragraph altogether!

Next point that people who live with housemate have to understand is the "friends" you bring home, like more than three people, more like party size group of people. Let's be honest, in that group of people, how many do you truly know, even know their names or where they are from. Please answer truthfully... We know college is all about "parties" and such but when you live with multiple housemates who work long hours the next day, be respectful enough. The loud music, screams at three or four in the morning? Is it really necessary to have all these dumb people over just to have you complain the next day about food that disappears? Is it necessary? Will you die if you do not have a house party? Last time I checked, you couldn't die of that specific situation. There's always a way for you to join a college party at a college little building or friends house or whoever is throwing it!
Again, I would have been alright with the parties, but when it lasts till four in the morning and then wake up four hours later to go to work but see that one of the housemates who threw the party is complaining about food being missing. I mean... I can't! I won't bother on trying to see the positive out of this type of situation.

In the end, living with people is nice, and the fact that you are never truly alone has some perks, but you have to realize that it won't be easy. Not simple at all!

So this new place that I'm moving into is going to be more a friend's house. Technically, one of my friends asked if I wanted to move in with him as I was looking for a place. I found it extremely nice of him to ask, but I wanted to move out with a friend who is currently living with me, already. S and I had an idea with her boyfriend and her friend. We would pay less rent and be with people we all like was going to be easier. Less drama, fewer parties. You catch my drift! To end the story short, I'll be moving with my friend, S and her boyfriend and her friend, M. I can't wait to have the living room to read and write whenever I want. Less time at the bar, that's for sure. Cause let's be honest if I go to the bar that often it's because I want to get as far as possible to my current house. Sorry if I'm disappointing a few people.  I cope the best way I possibly can.

Now, as this change will be new, I want to start fresh... What I mean by that is the fact that I want to write another blog, more for advice, and giving out my opinion, support. I know I'm from being a professional, but sometimes blowing out steam to a stranger or even asking questions and receive someone's own experience may help.
I'm also planning on selling clothes on depop. It's an app on your phone, I found it a month ago, purchases a few items and  I haven't got disappointed! People are amazing, and the clothes that I bought was wonderful, fits well. So, despite the obvious fact that young adults need extra money, and that large amount of clothes that I own as well as my mum's (she has too much, so she wanted to help), selling them in good condition would benefit lots of people.
Another thing I want to start doing more is giving my opinion more on books. No, I won't write a blog just for it, that would be too annoying but every month or two, I would like to write a post about a recent book I read, liked and comment, give my opinion, criticise it if needed. People need to get back on reading, we all have lost the touch, and it's very depressing to so many good books being unnoticed. I wouldn't want my novel to be on the table, untouched. It would be a disappointment.

A change that isn't all that stress-free, moving into a new place when you are working non-stop, pulling double shifts, and managing taxes... Yes, cause I have been procrastinating, who wants to do their taxes? Plus I did them by myself, for the first time, and let's be honest knowing you have to pay for the state as well as federal, ugh... Let me kill myself! I ain't American, under 25, and paying a lot more than I'm supposed to... Talk about wanting to procrastinate! Anyway... 

New change, less stress, and the move will go smoothly enough, I hope! 

"Life is about moving on, accepting changes and looking forward to what makes you stronger and more complete." 

~Bella




No comments:

Post a Comment