Thursday 18 January 2018

Pillow Thoughts - Courtney Peppernell

Christmas 2017...

A remarkable one which gave me the opportunity to have amazing friends who apparently knows me a little too well... Thank you to my really good friend T, I received an unexpected gift, a really cute book called "Pillow Thoughts" by Courtney Peppernell. 

At first, it was intriguing to read, and then it became more and more interesting that I have to read at least a page or two every day. 
So despite the fact that this little book is one of my favourites and I do not want to share it with anyone, I thought it would be nice to share a few lines or a few pages!

Here it goes... Hope you enjoy! 

*If you are Dreaming of Someone*

"You're covered in all these broken promises
from people who said they would never leave. 
Sometimes afraid of your own skin
and the scars that run deep in your veins. 
Are you ready
Are you ready
for someone who could turn you inside out?
No one dares to peel back all the layers of your skin
All this damage,
you're a mess.
Are you ready
Are you ready
Because I want your damaged skin. "

"We cannot all be artists
and I must admit I do not know how to paint
But if I were to take a palette
all my colors would be of you"

*If you are in Love*

"You remind me of home, 
of all the simple things in life, 
of light and love and the reasons, I am not alone.
You remind me of hope,
of the sea and the sky,
every hug and every kiss from your lips to your thighs, 
I have flown around the world and met no one like you
because you are all the things I keep coming back to."

"You know sometimes it's the little details 
that take up the most room in your heart.
How nervous they get
when you tell them you think they're beautiful,
the way they laugh
even if it's not supposed to be funny,
the way they reach for you and they find you through the dark
even if their eyes are 
closed."

"It's the last day of the year
and I still lose myself
in good books
and warm tea,
those quiet nights
and writing your name
on my windshield."

*If you are heartbroken*

"Perhaps it's just easier to smile and predent everything is 
fine, rather than admit my heart's a little swollen from losing
something that wasn't even mine. "

"You didn't have to say anything that night; you did everything
with your body and your eyes. The way you sat next to me, you
were close enough to reach but too far to touch. And your eyes,
those eyes that once said you'd love me forever, now spilled 
tears that this wasn't worth the fight anymore.
When did you become so tired of us?"

*If you are lonely*

"she's the type of girl
that has a place in her heart
for all the lonely people to go
with their forgotten footprints
in the snow"

"There are little pieces of happiness and they are scattered 
through your day. So take a basket with you as you step outside,
fill it up with all the little pieces, and bring it back inside. Take
a moment, just by yourself, take out all the pieces, and place
them on your shelf."

*If you are sad*

"It's exhausting to be locked in your head with all these thoughts
that tie you down. Just for one moment, try with all your might
to let go of all the things that stop you from being you."

"My soul is numb, and I am desperate to feel. In times of distress
and sadness, mornings are no longer forgivable and waking up
isn't ideal."

"Even sadness needs someone in its corner."

*If you are missing someone*

"We are standing at the edge of the world and yet we still do not
meet. You are soaked in daylight and I am covered in the night.
My heart yearns for our eclipse."

"You were always miles away. Maybe you were just always meant 
to be miles away. The distance saw us together in a dream and 
though we were better off without all the mess."

*If you need encouragement*

"emotional and messy
sometimes lost and confused
but if you only realized
the wisdom behind those eyes
with a heart that never lies
would you storm the world
like you haven't a thing to lose?"

"Maybe you're running scared because running is better than
letting someone else in. But the truth is, you can't spend your
whole life running. It's exhausting living in fear. Slow down. 
Chances and risks keep life interesting."

"You just have to surround yourself with people who have the 
same heart as you."

*If you are soul-searching*

"But I am so deeply lost in my own soul, how can I expect
anyone else to understand me?"

"They always say that transitions happen with big events. Like
a wedding, your birthday, or your graduation. But maybe it's
really in the smaller moments, like when you look at yourself 
in the mirror and realize how far you've come or how far you
still, have to go."

"It's so hard to know what to say
To someone who feels so lost,
So I'll stand here for you
In the wind and the rain
And I'll be the lighthouse you need.
Take my hand and breathe again
And I will guide you home."

*If you need a reason to stay*

"Things might not get better tomorrow. You may have many
tomorrows and nothing changes. But that is not the point. The
point of moving through all these tomorrows is to get to the 
one tomorrow that finally does get better."

*These are for you*

"I can't remember what it was like not to know you. I am not
sure if this is because we have met before. As though we have
seen each other in a different time and life and maybe your
soul is the one soul I keep running into. Or maybe it's just
because my life before you wasn't nearly as exciting. All I know
is when we met, we spent the afternoon in front of a beautiful
view, and yet all I could do was look at you."

"I wish there were a better way to tell you how much I love you.
To write it in the sky or dip all my feelings in gold. But the
truth is, it's much simpler than all of those things. All I know is 
is that I wake up each morning and I can never find the words
to explain how much I feel for you."


Hope you enjoyed a few lines from each chapter... Each chapter for a special moment in life! 
I know a little thought like these always makes me think twice about my own self. 

" Make a cup of tea and let yourself feel."- Courtney Peppernell

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment