Wednesday 24 January 2018

Cartoons? Hell yes!

Little Throwback number I... 

CARTOONS!

If you didn't know, I was raised in Europe, specifically in France, and to be fairly honest, I was quite good at watching TV, cartoons during breakfast, lunchtime (cause I went back home for lunch), and right after homework! So you can imagine I had quite the knowledge of what was good at what time! 

Despite the love I once had for these cartoons, I don't personally watch them anymore, but I do remember the soundtrack of each one of them! They stick to you like glue, like phone numbers you had to remember and somehow still remember after years... 

I wanted to share a little about the cartoons I loved as a child and hope my future "children" will have the chance to watch themselves...

Let's get started...

*Il était une fois la vie*  or *Once upon a time... Life*
A French-Italian-Japanese-Spanish-Swiss animated series about the human body! Alright, doesn't sound appealing, but trust me despite the fact that the first episode was on the air in 1987, the series went on and on for generations! It was funny, cute, and educational! You would learn a lot more than any other cartoons. I mean I learned about vaccines, flue, and so much more. Now, this series had many other ones such as Once upon a time... Space or Once upon a time... Man and so on. You would learn about life in general by watching something funny on TV. Plus the generic is catchy to the point where it will get stuck in your head for hours. 

*Les Malheurs de Sophie* or * Sophie's Misfortunes*

Cartoon based on a French children's book that I had to read as a child. Since I was a cheeky child (probably still is), I loved the series! I loved watching and making my little brother watch it with me despite the fact that he hated it! I might have traumatized my dear brother with it, but it was worth it all! Every little girl loved the song and every story, every misfortune! It was full of love, passion, sadness. If I have a girl, she will be watching it! 

*Scooby-Doo*

I believe Scooby-Doo is INTERNATIONAL! If you don't know about it, something is wrong with you, you lived under a rock! It's old, amazing and the soundtrack is AWESOME! You get monsters, laughs, spies, mysteries, crime. One of my favourite cartoon! I don't think I need to go into details about this one or else I will talk about my crush of Fred...

*Pokemon*

Just like Scooby-Doo, it's INTERNATIONAL! Somehow, the French version of the cartoon, each Pokemon had their own new name. Sorry, they didn't have the same name as the English ones! Not sure how many of us had either the cards or the karaoke down, but we all knew about it. Recess had become wonderful. 

* Titi et Grosminet* or *Tweety and Sylvester*

Old TV show, first episode aired in 1942. I loved this show between the little side stories of the bird and the cat, there was the old woman who would spend her time investigating crimes. I couldn't stop laughing or watching the show no matter how many times my mother had to say "Beli, it's time." 


*Tintin* or *The Adventures of Tintin*

Based on a series of 24 Belgium comic albums which was most popular in Europe! Comic books first then the show! And trust me the mysteries, the background stories, the history and the fun you have by trying to solve the mystery yourself will make you love this show. I know what I'm talking about and it doesn't matter what your age is, or where you are from. Tintin is by far one of the favourites! 

Nonetheless, all the other good shows that were on the air growing up, my mum always made us watch Disney movies. And I have to admit she was right to make us watch them because to this day, I will surely watch the Lion King if I'm sad, Mulan if I want to remember that everything is possible and rules are meant to be broken, Tarzan to remind me that you don't need to be blood to have a family, Peter Pan to make dream of a far away land that you don't have to be a grown-up, Mary Poppins to sing along cause let's be honest they are amazing songs... And Pixar's are just as good as Anastasia! 

When I think about my childhood, I think about what my mother let me watch, made me watch, and I'm grateful now, thinking about doing the same in the future if I ever have children. TV might not be good for kids, that too much of it makes them stupid, but you can't go wrong with a good show! 

If you have recognized a few shows or even heard of them, I'm glad I got to let you go back in time for a short moment! Hopefully, good souvenirs emerged. 

"My Grandchild has taught me what true love means. It means watching Scooby-Doo cartoons while the basketball game is on another channel."

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment