Monday 26 June 2017

Chemistry... Explain Yourself!

Have you ever felt a magnetic pull towards certain individuals? Something you cannot explain in word form.

Some would call it chemistry, others would call it love at first sight. Both true as it is still undetermined, an unexplainable emotion which cannot be translated or put into words.

Let's not get confused on what chemistry is though, it's a simple yet complex emotion when two people share a special connection and it is not necessarily a sexual connection. Having chemistry with someone is still to this day an unsolved mystery. An unexpected mystery which many believe in different theories. As someone said before, "Chemistry has a purpose. It's not random, it's not a fluke." A strong attraction that many think is bad. But is it that bad?

Sure, if you want a quiet, simple life, having a strong attraction isn't for you. Wanting an uncomplicated love life is nearly impossible, it's something we all wish for, yet, we, humans are complex. Being easy doesn't seem to be on the program.
I can't talk to you about chemistry without giving you my own experience and what I've seen throughout the years.

To begin... Let's go back to the story of these two strangers on the street. If you haven't read the short, odd story, click here, http://onemorecupidtothelist.blogspot.com/2017/06/little-story.html

Like I said in the post, I felt secure with the guy. One specific person who happened to be a stranger.

As cheesy as it may seems, I had some type of attraction towards the person. Some type of chemistry, and all I could think about is "Will I ever see him again?", "Will we ever talk again?" It was an impulse which wouldn't leave me, still hasn't left.

To describe chemistry in a few words, it's a combination of basic psychological arousal combined with a feeling of pleasure. Rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, and sensations of excitement that are often similar to sensations associated with danger. It's a sensation you cannot control, like the uncontrollable smile whenever you are thinking about that person... I think I'm officially making a fool of myself trying to explain what chemistry is all about. 

Having this emotion is an amazing experience, something that makes you happy, but it is also an emotion I wish no one had to deal with. Chemistry doesn't necessarily guarantee a chance of you seeing the person or talk to them again. Don't expect that, not many get this lucky. It's an emotion which may turn into a nightmare, living nightmare. I would know about it, trust me, I'm currently living this nightmare myself and ... Sadly, I cannot stop thinking or do something without thinking about a particular person... Cherry on top, I hadn't had to deal with chemistry with one stranger but two. Again, not a happy feeling as now, I'm stuck looking at people passing me by on the streets or looking at motorcycles like a kid on Christmas wishing it was the person. My thoughts are going wild, and instead of my being like my friend, I talked about it, I speak my mind. 
If you experience chemistry with someone go for it, you may be lucky, but remember that if the person has no intention calling you, texting you or anything, chemistry was only felt on your part and not on their part. 



"There is something beautiful about unforced bonds; the energy is real." 
~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment