Wednesday 21 February 2018

Lisa Hannigan

I know it's been a while since I posted about songs. But I've been going back to my roots, my Celtic music, the one I used to danced to at festivals with my mum. Nothing anyone would want to listen so I waited to finally get something anyone can appreciate either it's the instrumental part or simply the lyrics...

Let's begin by telling you a little bit of where I came across the singer in the first place...

Ondine... A romantic Irish movie about a woman who got caught in a fishnet, a drunk fisherman who is divorced, has a beautiful daughter who turned out to be sick (saddest thing ever), and the mystery brought by the famous selkies. 

Side note: Selkies are said to live as seals in the sea but shed their skin (coat) to become human on land. The legend plays an important role in Scandinavian, Irish and Scottish mythology. Their myths are romantic tragedies, a common theme for land/sea romances, however, it is the Selkies who suffer rather than their human lovers and spouses. 

In the movie, the young woman fished out of the sea in Ireland, sings to the fish, and gives much luck to her fisherman... But like every romantic story, there's a pitch of sadness... And that is up to you to find more by watching the movie yourself.
I quite loved it, it brought me back "HOME".
And that is the backstory of where I came into listening to Lisa Hannigan. One of her song, the one right below, came at a good part... 

Lille- 


Sea Song- 


Fall- 


Snow-


Lisa Hannigan is an Irish singer, songwriter, and musician. Bright in every way, I fell in love with her songs, the way she writes, and how peaceful it is... Compare to everything else I may have on my Itunes, this is by far what I would listen if I want to fall asleep to "home" or read a book. 
Now, I don't expect everyone to love it, like it or even bare with it, but I just thought I would share what I have been in love for a couple of days now. 

Next time, you may have to deal with what I grew up with, and trust me it won't be as peaceful or English for that matter...  Irish Gaelic, Scottish Gaelic, and Breton are old languages which usually brings me back home no matter where I am... So until next time! 

" My music will tell you more about me than I ever will." 

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment