Wednesday 14 February 2018

February? Love is in the air?

I don't remember a time when I had a real Valentine's Day if that even exists...

Valentine's Day may be the best day in someone's life or the worst. For me... It's just another day at work... Sounds pathetic but trust me, it is just another day! Quite nice of a day, but then again, I don't believe you need to show someone you love them only one day a year! Can't you just go to the movie, the restaurant or the massage place on any day of the week?


Alright, I'm a bit negative towards the whole Valentine's Day, but I have reasons to be one.

Despite this negative side and how much people spend that day... It has its perks such as movies, flowers, candles,  and obviously the classic chocolates...

And TODAY, chocolate made it to the blog! No need to discuss or explain the reason behind such an obvious day.

So CHOCOLATE...

Dangerous addiction, trust me on this one!  It's supposed to be a girl's best friend right after diamonds, and in my case, it's my number 1 addiction, my first love... First, white chocolate, then milk and now I'm turning into the dark chocolate... I'm turning into the dark side, and I appreciate it a lot.
It's supposed to be healthier, and I just think it's another piece of heaven. I hated it growing up, and now, I'm all about the dark chocolate. Bitter and healthier. Okay, I'm half describing myself, I'm pretty bitter!

Enough about this, and let's start with the juicy things...

Since it's Valentine's Day, I want people to understand that there is more bad chocolate than good ones! And trust me, it's hard to find the right ones, the ones that don't give you a stomach ache.
Being born in Europe, I know that you either love Belgium or Swiss chocolate, and it is quite a debate! Everyone wants to be right, no matter what may be the reason.

First, I believe everyone has either ate some or either heard of it... Ferrero Rocher, Fine Hazelnut.
Originated from Italy, this a chocolate which consists of a whole hazelnut (roasted) covered in a thin wafer shell filled with hazelnut chocolate, and then covered in milk chocolate and chopped hazelnut. Quite the hazelnut chocolate, so if you are a hazelnut lover, go for this one... It's a favourite!

Second, Lindt has to be another favourite. The brand is top number one for Swiss chocolate and despite the fact that it is a company, they make the best chocolate, amazing chocolate! So if you want some decent amazing chocolate, this brand will give you some pleasure!

Third, Milka... Alright, I was raised with this brand, and the chocolates are quite special. Many types of chocolate with the milk bar, it's for every milk chocolate lovers! I still don't know where to get it in California, but I'm searching!

Fourth, Nestlé, Quality Street which is a selection of individual tinned toffees, chocolates, and sweets... First created in England! Each bite is a surprise! Obviously, this box was given during the holiday, and everyone knew which colour to take and not to take.

Fifth, also my favourite... Kinder Bueno... My personal favourite, the one I always went for as a kid, and still to this day, I will go for this chocolate bar, hazelnut cream filled wafer with chocolate covering... Once more made by the Italian confectionery maker Ferrero.

Valentine's Day may not be the best holiday for everyone, but let's enjoy the fun of receiving some extra love and intentions coming from our partners!  

"Chocolate doesn't ask silly questions, Chocolate understands."

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment