Tuesday 17 October 2017

Europeans aren't perfect...

As you know I'm quite the mixture of different origins, so full European in other words. I currently live in the United States, California to be precise. It's not easy to live in a different country but continent... I feel the change even after 10 years. It's complex, a little too tough on me as I still don't always understand how Americans or Californian works. 

Even if I enjoy expressing myself on my observations regarding Americans, Californians, I have to admit Europeans aren't at all perfect. To be fairly honest and giving myself some excuse, it's easier to talk about people who you deal with on a daily basis. If I was back home, any country in Europe, I would be doing the same thing, almost. 

Let's start off with the drinking. As far as I'm concerned, we are doing it right because we keep the drunk moment a long time. We keep it going instead of rushing it and enjoy only a good hour before blacking out. Sadly, many of you, Americans, see us as alcoholics who drink throughout the day... I can't blame you, we are alcoholics in some ways. 

They believe what's on TV. Like most of the people everywhere in the world. We do not have a great view on Americans in general. Can't blame them for Americans actions but still... I have amazing friends who were born and raised in California and other states. Not everyone is the same. The culture, "morals", "values" of the country is still the same though. 

You will never hear a European say soccer. Everyone will say football or something similar to that. I'm guilty of getting pissed off a couple times for hearing the word soccer thrown out there, but I can't do much about it. Sadly, many Europeans will take it wrongly, get even worse than me. Be ready to say football before you get a bloody nose. 

They know it all... Europeans love to be right about everything and try to let everyone else know about it. They will tell other countries how to rule the government but let's be honest deal with your continent and each single countries in before going across the ocean or anywhere else. We are an old continent but that doesn't make us know it all. 

We aren't as bubbly or open compare to Americans. It could be taken wrongly. We don't smile as often, we don't open up easily, in other terms we are reserved. Not everyone appreciates the way we are, sorry. We come off as rude for not trusting and not being as friendly. Even though, if you start a genuine conversation with us, we are amazing people. It just takes time. 

The comforting idea... We, disappointingly enough, have small portion we when it comes to food. And comfort food, depending on the person, tend to learn more on the fatty, greasy choice and yet, we don't have much of that. I mean we do have amazing food but the smaller portion and greasy, not so much our thing. 

Finally, we write too much against Americans. That's my thing, I'm supposed to cut short on that but I don't understand how they, you work. I'm just observing and asking myself questions. We come off as rude and obnoxious for being so against America. It's insane. 

"Europe was created by history. America was created by philosophy." -Margaret Thatcher. 

~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment